Braces/Orthodontic Treatment in Dwarka
Irregular teeth, gap between teeth, severe irregularity & bad or improper bite are the main causes of undergoing Braces treatment. Dental Braces treatment/Orthodontic Treatment is done by an experienced Orthodontist in Dwarka at Oraa Care Smile Dental Clinic. Invisible Braces & Orthodontic Treatment for Adults is also being performed here.
Orthodontic treatment is needed to correct improperly positioned teeth and jaws. If the teeth are crooked there are more chances of decay and gum disease. If the jaws are not properly aligned, it can cause temporomandibular joint disorders.
Who is an Orthodontist?
An orthodontist is an expert in repairing misalignments of the teeth and jaws. The orthodontists are dental specialists catering to preventing, diagnosing and treating dental and facial irregularities for example malocclusions or bad bites. Around 6% of dentists are orthodontists who deal with debilitating problems related with misalignment such as speech defects, chewing difficulty and problems associated with maintaining sufficient oral hygiene. These dentistry experts successfully treat acute oral disorders like Anteroposterior deviations, Overcrowding and Aesthetic issues.
What does an Orthodontist look after?
The primary job of an orthodontist is to correct malfunctions within the mouth, including crooked teeth, misplaced teeth and misaligned jaws. They check their patient’s teeth to determine if they require braces and provide suitable solutions depending on the prevailing dental condition. The specialist dentists also design and construct individual dental appliance such as retainers. They do so by referring to the dental history of the patients. Furthermore, they keep a regular check on dental appliances in patients and makes necessary adjustments. They also ensure that braces don’t get damaged and make repairs, as deemed essential.
Some of the common issues handled by orthodontists are as follows:
- Anteroposterior Deviations: Common problems include underbite where the lower teeth are positioned too forward than upper teeth and overbite where the upper teeth are way too forward in position than the lower ones. Such issues cause difficulty in articulating and chewing.
- Overcrowding: There is a lack of jawbone space which means adult teeth cannot erupt in alignment with existing teeth. The dentistry experts realign the teeth by using unobtrusive treatments and devices.
- Aesthetic Problems: Often, the shape of the whole face gets affected by malocclusions. In this case, the jaws, lips and teeth are reshaped and restructured to create an even smile.
Types of Orthodontic Treatment
Orthodontic appliances can be both fixed and removable. They exert pressure on teeth and jaws to align them in proper position. The orthodontic approach depends on the kind of problem.
Determining the kind of Treatment Needed
You need to consult an orthodontist if there is:
- Crowded or misplaced teeth
- Sucking the thumb or fingers or other oral habits
- Speech difficulty
- Protruding teeth
- Facial asymmetry
- Inability to close lips
- Front teeth that do not meet
Treatment: Braces and Retainers
Everyone has a slightly different bite, so treatment techniques vary. Braces are the most common approach. They help to move the teeth slowly by applying precise amounts of light pressure over a long period of time.
Most orthodontic treatments occur in two phases:
- The active phase — Braces or other appliances are used to move the teeth into proper alignment and correct the bite.
- The retention phase — A retainer is used to hold the teeth in their new positions for the long term. In addition to braces, orthodontists sometimes use special appliances (called functional appliances) to direct the growth of the jaw in young children. These appliances are rarely used in adults, that's because they are not effective after growth is complete.
At first, an assessment of patient’s teeth is made by using X-ray and making plaster models. The orthodontist then decides the need for either removable, or functional or fixed appliance.
In some cases, it might be necessary to remove a tooth to correct the position of other teeth.
Retainers are often used near the end of orthodontic treatment. They hold newly fixed teeth in place while the adjacent gums and bone adjust to new position of teeth.
Types of Braces available
Clear Aligners: Clear Aligners are removable medical grade plastic appliances which patient wears instead of brackets and wires to correct malocclusion. Dental aligners are a modern alternative to braces, for teeth that are in need of straightening.
You can remove Clear Aligners to eat, drink, brush and floss or for special occasions.
Metal Braces: When most people think of metal braces they think of the big clunky braces of the past. They were extremely uncomfortable and more than capable of cutting your lips. From a cosmetic point of view they were, at best, unattractive and are wholly responsible for the stigma attached to braces today. However, times have changed and so have braces.
Modern braces are smaller and more comfortable than old fashioned braces. They have what is called a low profile design, which is less irritating to your lips. They also have special contours to make your orthodontic treatment go faster and be less painful Braces now use new plastics and bonding adhesives rendering metal bands a distant, somewhat painful memory. Wire and brackets can be "super-glued" directly onto the teeth making them far more secure. There are even some braces that seem "invisible".
Invisible Braces/Ceramic/Tooth Coloured Braces/Clear Braces: Clear braces offer a unique advantage over conventional metal appliances. The material composition and design allows an uncompromising level of care and enable you to look good during treatment. Many people may not even be aware that you're wearing braces at all.
Adult Cosmetic Braces (Six Month Treatment)
Short term braces treatment specially for adults is a new and revolutionary orthodontic treatment method which was pioneered in the States and is now being performed in the India. Many people are put off from having orthodontic work to straighten their teeth, in their proper age as they think they will have to wear visible braces for between two and three years. Today however, thanks to advancement in medicine you can have the straight teeth you always dreamed of within 6 months, however orthodontist will decide about if you are the candidate who will get benefit from this short term treatment or will need more time to rectify the problem.
Problem which can be taken care of with the help of short term Orthodontic Treatment
The Six Month Smiles treatment can be used to correct many orthodontic problems including:
- Crowding – the teeth are close together giving them a crowded appearance
- Overbite – the front teeth overlap considerably
- Overjet – the front teeth jut out
- Underbite - the lower teeth protrude
- Openbite – when you bite your teeth together they will not touch
- Misplaced Midline – the middle lines of both sets of teeth aren’t in alignment with each other
- Crossbite – the teeth do not bite on the right side of each other
ClearPath Braces are the best Orthodontic Treatments for Adults
In today’s age and time, adults are also seeking orthodontic treatments for several reasons. While some opt for it to improve their dental life and oral hygiene while others face difficulty in certain activities such as chewing. Under any circumstances however, adults must look for the best orthodontic treatment that would safeguard their mouth, teeth and jaws which will ultimately provide comfort and relief to their existing woes. There are various orthodontic treatments available for different problems & of all them, ClearPath braces are truly the best medical cure and solution to any problem concerning orthodontic.
ClearPath Brace is virtually invisible and transparent as anyone hardly gets to know that their teeth are being straightened. With this treatment, teeth can be easily aligned and one can get the desired smile without having social embarrassments. The treatment also accounts for greater convenience and comfort and patients are less likely to suffer from any pain and health disorders. It is also predictable and effective and has been certified by ISO and USFDA. Even doctors also find it more useful and worthwhile in getting the desired results. It is definitely the best option for adults owing to the array of benefits associated with the particular orthodontic method.
Advantages of ClearPath Braces
- The ClearPath braces are easy to be removed at any time. One can remove it while eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing as well as for special occasions.
- ClearPath braces make smooth edges so that the gums and cheeks are not irritated all the time. It pertains to superior level of comfort and is 100% safe. The treatment procedure is credible and authentic and it has been medically approved.
- Patients can witness the outcome of the treatment before it is started. One is sure to enjoy a better smile prior to the completion of the treatment. Therefore, it is highly predictable and efficient.
- These are hygienic and cosmetic alternative to conventional braces that make unattractive appearances. These are even, flexible, convenient and clinically proven cure for malocclusions.
- ClearPath braces have no effect on oral hygiene. Adults can eat and drink their favorite stuff without worrying about dental problems. One is free to continue dental lifestyle, like the way it has been. Therefore, eating habits and lifestyle are unaffected by the treatment.
- The treatment is also known for minimal appointments and consumes less time in its procedures. Patients need to pay very few visits and get the desired smile, in no time.
- Doctors regard the treatment for its accuracy, superior clarity of aligners, fast turnaround time and unlimited modifications. All these factors make it an ideal choice even for dentists.
- The treatment pertains to high quality and standard, as compared to conventional orthodontic treatments. It is known for fast and permanent results within convenience and comfort.
To conclude, ClearPath braces enables one to lead normal life and oral hygiene and allows them to enjoy easy and smooth dental treatment.
Call us now or visit Oraa Care Smile Dental Clinic to get the best available treatment for you.